The Board of Directors of the Whitemarsh Township Authority is seeking applicants for a full-time Finance Director position.
Candidates should have considerable experience in bookkeeping and/or college accounting courses, and considerable knowledge of accounting principles and office practices. An accounting degree is preferred, but not required for the right candidate. A detailed job description, including the essential functions of the position, is available below.
Salary commensurate with experience. Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, salary requirements, and a resume by email to echerry [at] rudolphclarke.com or by regular mail to:
Michael P. Clarke
7 Neshaminy Interplex, Suite 200
Trevose, PA 19053
The Finance Director is responsible for maintaining an accurate recording of all receipts and expenditures, the maintenance of all journals, general ledgers, escrow funds and all other Authority accounting records according to established Authority practice and generally accepted accounting standards. The Finance Director shall assist in the preparation of the quarterly and annual financial reports and the annual audit, and shall review work related to bookkeeping by other clerical staff. In addition to the responsibilities listed herein, the Finance Director shall develop short and long term goals related to personal and professional development. The responsibilities listed herein are not exhaustive and are subject to change by the Board of Directors and/or Executive Director.
Administrative and Financial Functions:
- Supervises and oversees the day-to-day office activities and, on occasion, other Authority Staff in the absence of the Executive Director.
- Attends staff meetings and meetings with developers as needed.
- Attends regular and special Board and/or Committee meetings.
- Prepares and uploads Finance report for Board meeting packet; uploads additional monthly reports as needed or directed by the Executive Director.
- Prepares meeting minutes for Authority meetings.
- Prepares and processes accounts receivables and accounts payable.
- Reviews invoices and codes to proper line item on budget.
- Reviews transactions on bank accounts.
- Maintains contact with banks on a regular basis for money transfer from savings accounts to checking accounts.
- Reviews sewer billing deposits and prepares escrow and other revenue deposits for the Authority.
- Codes and prepares accounts payable invoices.
- Posts all transactions into computer including the cash receipts and cash disbursements with proper budget codes.
- Reviews sewer billing and interfacing with general ledger.
- Reviews to insure the proper input of all financial information into computer system.
- Reviews and discusses any account discrepancies during monthly reconciliation.
- Reviews monthly budget in conjunction with Executive Director.
- Prepares purchase orders and invoices, as required.
- Maintains journals of developer escrow releases and escrow funds.
- Prepares invoices for developers.
- Makes deposits at bank (sewer billings, etc.).
- Reconciles all cash and investment accounts monthly and prepares reconciliation reports.
- Creates and prints checks and payable reports.
- Reviews payroll biweekly in conjunction with Executive Director.
- Prepares bill list for Authority meetings.
- Completes quarterly billing.
- Reviews and distributes incoming mail to appropriate individuals, except customer payments.
- Ensures department heads and professionals are submitting reports, review letters, agreements, etc. in a timely manner.
- Presents monthly and year-to-date financials with accompanying analysis of results for Authority meetings.
- Monitors workplace for areas where growth is needed or possible and where existing resources can be further enhanced.
- Manages daily administrative operations and assists in resolving problems related to the day-to-day operations; assists with billing questions, customer services and accounts payable.
- Ensures up-to-date information is uploaded to the Authority’s website as needed, in conjunction with Executive Director.
- Orders office supplies, equipment, etc. and generates purchase orders as needed for the office.
- Maintains familiarity with all computer software (billing, financial, etc.).
- Maintains inventory schedule.
- Maintains insurance claim system.
- Prepares schedules as directed; generates overtime weekend schedule as directed.
- Manages all human resource activities including employee benefits, retirement plans, and Authority insurance and related activities.
- Prepares and presents yearly budget to Finance Committee.
- Prepares and assists Authority Engineer with Capital Budget.
- Participates in annual audit in conjunction with Executive Director and appointed auditor.
- Receives and processes Right-To-Know requests
- Maintains petty cash for administration department.
- Develops and oversees accounting policies and procedures to meet both current and future business models.
- Reviews and updates project board.
- Reviews Authority contracts/agreements.
- Records journal entries, as needed.
- Performs other work as assigned.